the golden age of this blog ended when I stopped complaining all the time about my neighbors and the music they chose to hurt me with.
On tumblr, you are kind of a big deal. In a up is down, down is up, sort of way.
everyone deserves a friend like you dougie.
- personal growth indicator: successfully repressed assumption that someone had fully expressed their views on a matter in a short sentence
- moving forward with my life in the wake of grotesque personal failing: typed up some shit in categories and estimated importance and likelihood of follow-through
- confirmation of suspicion: hella notes across all my blogs does not lead to a sense of accomplishment
Palavra e Utopia / Word and Utopia
serriform top blogger
it’s like you knew what I was thinking
I’m using introspection as a coping mechanism right now, as there’s a very serious hurdle I’m about to face. play silly games with me please, I need to be distracted from my current method of distraction.
- Inventario balcanico / Balkan Inventory
- Jayu manse / Hurrah! For Freedom
- Nostra signora dei turchi / Our Lady of the Turks
- Dao cao ren / The Strawman
- Stranger on Horseback
I’ve tried catching these kinds of shots deliberately, but they resonate best when they feel accidental or out of control.
I didn’t think much of it when I took this still from Our Century, but honestly flipping through screenshots and coming across this was comparable to a few years ago at the louvre, I was wandering in a bit of a daze, and suddenly I saw winged victory. frissons and all that.
do late night film bloggers have a favorite screenshot the way people say they have a favorite movie?
not sure if this is obvious, but I’ve always liked about hollis frampton that the jokes in his films were corny when you lay them out in a straightforward way, but in making them difficult to experience/apprehend (not sure which word is more accurate) they never were disappointing to me.
it’s not for me to say whether that last selfie was funny or not and I certainly wasn’t trying to emulate frampton. but it’s interesting how I was too embarrassed to flip the image, like I felt I needed to conceal it a bit and that that would somehow make it better.
I don’t know what hell is like but I imagine it involves all the people who have deleted my captions over the years laughing it up at my expense.